Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Well Laid Plans

Hi ya'll ! Yes I'm still around and I've missed you ! ....am I going to start blogging more ?
I have good intentions. 
 But, you know what they say about well laid plans and good intentions ! 
However, since I didn't blog for 7 months, I sewed up a storm ! I decided I was going to use up my scraps. I've made BUNCHES of donation and sale baby quilts along with bed runners for a local hospice facility, along with many other things.
 I'll share those things later so I'll have something to blog about. (good intention #1)

I have been very busy with things around the ranch and traveling. 

We visited South Dakota in June for my little Mama's 93 birthday ! 
 My beautiful mom, sisters and me,
 (my brother had crazy eyes so I didn't want to post the one with him) 
Each time I say goodbye it gets harder and harder,
 but I know my sister and brother take very good care of her.

After we left Mom we went to the Black Hills in South Dakota, 
then Ranchman and I went on an adventure--
We drove through Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, stayed in Las Vegas (where I won a little !) went to the Sky Walk on the west side of the Grand Canyon, continued on to Tombstone (Ranchman and I love the history of the old west) then we drove through New Mexico, on into El Paso and home. It was over 4,000 miles and so much beautiful country to see. I loved the desert, but I wouldn't want to live there. From Phoenix to Tombstone the temps reached 119 ! Not my kind of weather...I've decided I'm a fair weather kind of girl....
therefore I live in Texas....makes sense right ?   
So here's a little of what I've been up to in my sewing room. 
This pattern is called "Bringing Home the Tree" by Buttermilk Basin. 
It is my most favorite quilt I've EVER made. When I left it with Angela McCorkle so she could do some of her famous award winning quilting on it, I kissed it goodbye till we meet again ! When I say award winning, one of the places Angela won this year,
 was spring Paducah !
That's another thing I did this year was go to the spring Paducah quilt show with Angela, and our other friend Sherri. 
 Then in August I stayed at Angela's newly built, 
Quilts With A Heart Retreat Center. Each of us had our own quilt kit all cut out and ready to sew. It's made by sewing 7 strips then sub-cutting 7 times. I think I may be the only one that's finished...Angela also has it to quilt.
The pattern is called "Seven Letters" by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. 
 I love retreats, and the gals I was with were FUN !

Until next time !
God bless you,

Linking up with Lorna